Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sydney - Singapore

How should I begin writing about my 32 hours flight to New York...

The Sydney to Singapore leg was 8 hours 15minutes, transit time of around 2 hours at Changi Airport, Singapore.

Journey started with a round of pre-lunch served at the business lounge. So exciting~



On the plane, I had Cloud Nine for welcome drink. A tropical mix of rum, Cointreau and pineapple juice, topped with soda.

Stewardess took my lunch order and I selected the "King Fish" menu. Watched a pretty funnie movie "Blade of Glory" on the movie-on-demand.. fell asleep. Stewardess woke me up to serve lunch. Entree was served. It was Marinated Salmon with feta, tomato & cucumber sald and choice of balsamic or bush tomato dressing. Having just gotten awake, still feeling a little "blur", I thought "Didn't I choose King Fish?" hmm.. but soon I realised it only the entree.

This is the main for lunch. Spiced King Fish, light soya broth, tomato chili jam, bok choy and oyster mushroom. It was nice but I couldn't finish it. I have never been able to finish a full meal on an airplane. Hence Jon always gets double shares =o)


For dessert, it was Burned fid and honeycomb ice cream. I didn't take photo as it just look like normal ice cream. But the taste was great.

Dinner on plane was Thai stle red curry duck, seasonal vegetables and steamed rice.


No comments: