Saturday, July 28, 2007

Last Day in Sydney

My last day in Sydney was kinda "happening". After the outing on the previous night, Karn stayed over a my place. We chit chatted till 2 am in the morning. As a result, she couldn't wake up in the morning and called in sick haha. When I left the house to attend the Australian Citizenship ceremony, she was still sleeping.

My citizenship ceremony was scheduled at 11am. I reached there 1/2 hour earlier for registration. There were about 100 people and queue was long.

To my surprise, the ceremony only took 15 minutes. First, welcome speech, followed by te reading of the pledge. There are 2 kinds of pledge: one is with the word "Under God" included and the other one without that word. After that everyone sang Australia National Anthem together. I felt kinda sad, an empty feeling inside, living my last moments as an Indonesian.


I took cab home and I had plenty of time to go lunch with Karn at Sushi Rio. After lunch, back home to take my luggages and went to airport.

Earlier this year, when I came back Sydney after my wedding, I felt a little bored of Sydney. This time knowing that I will be leaving Sydney for a couple of years, I felt really sad, but knowing that I am now an Australian and knowing that Jon and I will be back to Sydney eventually after his New York assignment... makes it all worthwhile..

No comments: