Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wu Yian

I called my mom for Wu Yian recipe.
Mom: "I gave you the recipe before, why didn't you write down?"
Me : "I did, but it's gone."
Mom: "Next time, write down all recipes in a book"

Well, I normally type in notepad. But having 3 computers at home, I don't know which computer has the recipe file. The fastest way is to pick up the phone and call my mom for recipe.

Ingredients:
1 kg of taro, grated
1 spoon of mince ginger
1.5 spoons of miso paste
2 spoons of rice flour
salt and pepper

Method:
1. Mix all ingredients together. That easy!
2. Heat up oil and make into small balls, then fry until golden.

Here is the grated taro.


Frying the taro.I grinned as I could smell the Wu Yian.


I made 2 versions: round and flat.


I am doing good with the chili sauce too.


For chili sauce:
5 long red chillies
4 hot red chillies
4 cloves of garlic
Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cups of water
1/2 Lime


Method:
1. Blend chillies and garlic together.
2. Put in a small pot, add 1/4 cup of water, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to boil.
3. Add lime.

No comments: