Friday, June 15, 2007

Chicken, potato, pink grapefruit salad

When I have mood to cook, I can spend hours in kitchen. I found the recipe on the net and I did my own version.
Pink grapefruit, chicken, walnut and potato salad

Ingredients
2 pink grapefruit
10 Nicola potatoes, halved
3 stalks of parsley, finely chopped
1 spoon of butter
2 spoons of olive oil
500 g chicken breast fillets
some baby spinach and rockets
some walnuts and pine nuts

Method
Remove rind and white pith from grapefruit. Holding grapefruit over a bowl to catch juice, cut down either side of each segment to release it from the membrane. Cut segments in half and transfer to a bowl. Squeeze juice from membrane into a cup.

Spread butter on the baking tray. Throw in the potatoes and roast until they are tender and golden. Add grapefruit juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss gently.

Cut chicken breast in small pieces. Add olive oil, grapefruit juice and salt. Roast until the chicken is tender.

Divide chicken, potato, salad and grapefruit pieces among plates. Add the remaining grapefruit juice and sprinkle with some walnuts and pine nuts.

I packed the rest for Jon's lunch, so I was left with 1 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of potatoes. I added Chili Tuna, it was so yummy.

No comments: