Friday, June 8, 2007

Dragon Star Seafood

Jon and I had a day off today. We planned to have a nice breakfast at The Rocks followed by photo taking at Botanical Garden. But alas, it has been raining non stop all day long. It was very dark and stormy.

The nice thing about staying right in the heart of city is that there is a shopping centre, supermarket, a few restaurants and foodcourt just stone-throw away. I could still enjoy groceries shopping without getting out getting wet. I don't do grocery shopping once a week. I only purchase the items I need as and when I need them. How convenient! (Jon says it's a steep price to pay... v.Xpensive rent)

This morning I was hoping that the rain would have stopped. At noon, it was still raining, so we switched plan and headed to Dragon Star. Prompt service and with a smile! It was the first time that I encountered good service at Dragon Star. Probably due to the up and coming long weekend.

Woo Gok (yam dumplings). This deep fried dumplings has a soft mound of yam surrouding juicy pork mince and top with scallop.



Har Gao (steamed prawn dumplings). Har Gao here is packed with whole prawns, not mince prawn. Used to be my favorite but I found Zilver Har Gao is better.


Steamed Scallop Dumplings.


Char Siew Cheung Fun (rice noodles with BBQ Pork).

Siu Maai (steamed pork dumplings). Yum Cha won't be complete without siu maii. We were too busy eating and forgotten to take photos. That explains why there are only 2 Siu Maii left in the basket. :-)


Daan tart (egg custard tart).


Gui Ling Gao (herbal jelly with honey syrup). The difference with grass jelly is that Gui Ling Gao has shavings of turtle shell. It is a bit bitter that's why honey is added to cover the bitterness. It is my favorite dessert.


Dragon Star Seafood Restaurant
Market City Level 3, Shop 9-13, Hay Street Haymarket
Tel: +61 (02) 9211 8988

No comments: