Friday, June 6, 2008

Turtle Cake

Back in Medan, I went to a bakery to order a birthday cake for a friend's birthday. The shop assistant showed me lots of samples from cake decoration magazine and some Wilton books. Wilton is the leading cake decorating and bakeware household brand in the industry. Wilton also provided cake decorating classes in US and Canada. Since I saw the Wilton books, I had high expectation of them, thinking that this bakery probably have got some "class" and probably a lot of "passions" in their work, I decided to order a turtle cake. Upon ordering, the asistant said that they had never made a turtle cake before so they didn't have sample. Oh God. Here we go~

I managed to find a cute turtle cake sample with dotted shell. However I preferred the shell pattern to be rounded in the middle and have some lining instead of the polka dotted shell. I showed her Kuma Kuma turtle handphone chain and told her I wanted the shell pattern like that. She wrote a note on my order form and drew the shell pattern like a sun shape, which is right.


There had to be misunderstanding, my turtle shell turned out to have a lots of small suns. Weird shell, no legs and no tail. Even though it was not what I expected or imagined, overall it was still a cute cake. I also asked if it would be fondant cake and the assistant said yes, but it turned out to be butter cream cake. Maybe they did not understand what fondant is.

No comments: