Sunday, June 29, 2008

Prawn Noodle

Since I read Leslie's post about Wah Kee Prawn Noodle I inserted it into my MUST TRY list when in Singapore. I am not a big fan of straight yellow noodle in soup, I prefer curly noodle in soup (like ramen). But since it is voted the best prawn noodle in Singapore, I had to try it.

It opens till 2 pm everyday except Monday. It was a bit rush because I normally got out of house at 12pm. First attempt to go there failed due to some "unforeseen" circumstances. They was absolutely no way I was leaving Singapore without eating Wah Kee Prawn Noodle. On the following day (attempt #2), along with my sister and Jon, we took a $13 cab ride to Cambridge Road Hawker Centre.

We all were so excited to try the prawn noodle. Wah Kee sells $3, $5, $8 and $10 prawn noodle. We ordered $3, $5 and $10 prawn noodle. I ordered $10 prawn noodle , it came with a bowl of soup noodle and another bowl of soup with 3 jumbo prawns. Isn't it too much soup?

Jon ordered $3 dry prawn noodle, it came with 5 medium peeled prawns and prawn paste. Apparently, the dry noodle doesn't taste so good, he ended up pouring soup in it.


$5 came with 4 big prawns.


Prawns sizes in comparison. Wonder how big are the $8 prawns?


The prawns were very fresh. The soup was so tasty and thick, I could taste the seafood broth, it was sweet. But after a while, I couldn't eat it anymore because I felt the soup was so sweet. Besides, I am not exactly a fan of that kind of noodle soup. I managed to finish the noodle but not the soup. The soup would be excellent if it was less sweet and saltier. Jon and my sister love it. It was ok for me, but it is not something that I will crave for in the near future.



Wah Kee Prawn Noodles
Blk 41A Cambridge Road Hawker Centre (Pek Kio) #01-15
Tel: + 65 9688 3633
7:30 am - 2 pm
Closed on Monday

No comments: