Sunday, June 15, 2008

I hate green

I went to a gift shop -Precious Thots- in CityLink Mall Singapore. They had collections of mini Kokeshi dolls available in many colors. I admired their cute faces, pretty designs, beautiful colors (except for the green one). Suddenly my elbow knocked one the the doll placed at the edge, it dropped and the head came off. I had to pay $12 for the mini doll that I broke. Actually it wasn't that bad, I could glue it and it would be fine. But....the one I broke was GREEN!!! I'm allergic to Green.

I was wondering if green was the least popular kokeshi doll hence they placed them at the edge and hoped that people like me would drop them?

It's cute, isn't it? Except that it was green. And because it was green, I refused to keep it.


I love (green) trees, green scenery and green food. I don't mind green drink, green dishwashing sponge, green dishwashing liquid and green beauty/body products. But other than those, I can't help it, I hate green.

Meanwhile, Jon finally agreed to get rid of green blanket that had been sitting in storage for years. I can't believe somebody would buy green blanket.

2 comments:

Dreamycat said...

I like the way you write this post. Do write more!
I'm beginning to like green in recent years but more of pastel green or fresh/light green. I also do not like this kind of green (the one on the doll or the blanket). Noticed this kind of blanket always have a dull weird colour. I have a blanket in dark orange, also pretty yucky to me.

Linda said...

Pastel/apple/light green is nice but I still won't buy things in those colors. When I bought comforter cover, there was this pastel green cover which looked so refreshing and had nice design. I thought for a week whether I should buy the green one, and at the end I decided not to buy green hehe.