Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hokkien Prawn Noodle

I never failed to have the Hokkien Prawn Noodle at the well known Thye Hong Hokkien Prawn Noodle at Food Republic Wisma Atria everytime I am back in Singapore. Expect long queue during peak hour, but the queue progresses at a fairly quick as the noodle is cooked in a big wok.


The noodle contains a mixture both of yellow egg noodle and thicker version of vermicelli, cooked together with prawns, bean sprouts, spring onions and prawn stocks. It doesn't look very appetizing but it sure taste amazingly delicious. This dish was a little watery but not soggy and with rich gravy resulted from the prawn stock added. The prawns were fresh and chili tasted great.


There are so many nice food in Food Republic which I have always wanted to try. But everytime I am there, I always ended up queuing at Thye Hong stall.


Thye Hong
Food Republic
435 Orchard Road
#04-00 Wisma Atria
Singapore 238877

No comments: