Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dark Knight

We were invited by Lexus to watch The Dark Knight premiere. Dinner was served too! We were so excited. I am not a fan of superheroes comics/movies. In fact, I haven't seen any Batman movies in the past. But I got to see this one as it is Heath's Ledger last completed film role.


It took us 1 hour to get to the theather as it was peak hours, traffic was heavy. I was wondering whether theatre parking lot would be all Lexus cars? Well, 80% of the cars were Lexus.


What can I say, The Dark Knight is stunning, thrilling, action-packed, and brilliantly acted. Christian Bale'as Bruce Wayne/Batman is powerful and fierce. Heath Ledger's Joker, a psychopatic, mass murdering clown is stealing the show. Every Ledger frames utterly soar, your eyes are drawn to him in every scene. His performance is the most interesting thing in the film. When The Joker is absent, the film seems to lose its energy.

Whether you are a fan or not, you gotta see The Dark Knight. I would like to watch it again on IMAX. Probably a couple of weeks later as tickets are selling like hotcakes. Have to try my luck at a later time.

Photo from Warner Bros

No comments: