Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cup Spring Rolls

When I am preparing dinner, I always think what if I cook this instead, and always change my mind at last minute.

Today plan was to cook beef but then I thought about my leftover spring roll wrappers and thought about Su Yin Nasi Lemak cup. Ok change plan for dinner.

I cut my spring roll wrappers into 4, so they became the size of wonton wrappers. Arrange them in muffin tray and baked them like this.

Cup spring rolls with salad.


I arranged 2 wrappers in muffin tray to get bigger cups.


Salad dressing is Orange Vinaigrette. I got the recipe from Wokking Mum. Both Jon and I love it, it is very refreshing.

Spring Roll filling
1 packet of vermicelli
5 chinese mushrooms
100g minced meat
1/2 carrot, shredded
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
a pinch of pepper

1. Soak vermicelli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and cut into short threads.
2. Soak chinese mushrooms in boiling water. Drain and minced.
3. Saute garlic, carrot, minced meat, mushrooms and vermicelli. Add sweet soy sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste.

Orange Vinaigrette *recipe from Wokking Mum*
1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 tablespoon Orange Juice
1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider
2 teaspoon Lemon or Lime Juice
a pinch of salt and sugar each

1 comment:

Dreamycat said...

Nice Dish! never thought spring roll skin can be used this way too.