Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pineapple Tarts

My favorite CNY tidbits are pineapple tarts, emping cookies (emping is cracker made of gnemon seeds) and love letters. I miss homemade pineapple tarts so I decided to make myself using mom's recipe. They are many pineapple tarts sold in Chinese bakeries but must be "commercially homemade".. pretty sure they are made from pre-packed pineapple jams and pre-made dough.

I bought a small pineapple and made my own pineapple jam the day before. The tart dough was easy to make. (I lost the recipe..nevermind, I don't think I will make again till next year).


The first batch. Absolute ugly. However they tasted pretty nice. I was wondering how my mom and auntie shaped them so nicely..


I got lazy to make sphere/round shapes. So for the rest, I made them like how Wokking Mum made it, with pineapple outside. It was much easier.


Jon's creation.


I ran out of pineapple jam, so i put peanut butter instead =o).


I prefer cooking than baking. Baking is like science, there is formula to follow. Amount, temperature, timing are crucial. I can probably do it once a while, which is pretty is fun.

No comments: