Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year. Wishing everyone Happiness, Good Fortune and Prosperity in the Year of Rat.


Here I am in New York, missing much of the Chinese New Year festive back home. I cooked for Chinese New Year Eve, celebrated with Jon. I initially came up with 8 menu but I had to reduce to 5 due to the fact that there is only 2 of us and limited preparation time. I was very much motivated to an additional dish, however was too tired due to work committment. Cooking 5 dishes drove me a little nutz. I did some preparation for this evening's dinner till 11pm the night before, straight after a 3 hour grocery shopping at Flushing, Queens. (1.5 hours shopping and 1.5 hours travelling back and forth).

Chinese New Year's Eve menu: Steam Barramundi, Braised Chinese Mushroom, Pork & Shrimp Roll (Ngo Hiang), Slow-braised pork belly (Dong Po Rou), Corn Crab Soup.


Crabs for the soup.


I will blog more about the dinner next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dolll, i am suprised u can cook.. wow .. jon, how was it taste? DO NOT LIE TO US..