Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine

Valentine's Day is a big celebration day in New York. Almost everyone on the streets were carrying roses. Card shops were so crowded at the Valentine's section.

I went to Papyrus which has a lot of creative hand-made cards. But obviously doing "last minute" shopping, there wasn't many selections left. I don't really fancy printed cards, only the cute ones like Forever Friends or Me To You. I decided to use cards that I have made previously. But not quite with the Valentine's Theme.


I then made a quick and easy one. Jon said he gave me a score of 98 for the card, the missing 2 marks due to the "not-so-nice" handwriting. Hey I made it in hurry!


We had Valentine's Day dinner at PlaneThai, it's a Thai + Sushi restaurant. The restaurant interior is mainly red, with a lot of big pillars. It looks a little like a chinese/thai temple.


Tables setting


We had Bamboo Chicken $16. Grilled free range chicken, marinated in curry+ herbs with green papaya salad. It was sweet and curry taste was mild, it blended well with the herbs. The presentation was cool too.


We also ordered Tom Yung Goong, Sashimi Deluxe and Spider Roll. I didn't use flash, the photos turned out bad.

We had Trio Brulee $7. Three mini brulee of the day which were ginger, chocolate and green tea. The chocolate one was really good.


On that day, florists open till late. The one near our home was still opened when we walked past at 10 pm and they were quite a few people buying rose. Last minute roses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your self-made cards! they are so creative. Much more than mine which I only know how to draw. mine are often simple drawings on the card. You added things like ribbons, special paper. I think I need to be more creative for my next few special days...