Sunday, October 21, 2007

Red Bean Daifuku

I saw nice 'Chinese version' of a red bean daifuku/ mochi in an Asian bakery. It was so pretty and very delicious-looking. I could not resist buying it. There were some pink powder scattered on top which made it looked like a juicy peach.


The way to make Daifuku skin is to flatten daifuku dough into a circle, wrap around prepared red bean ball and then gently pinch the edges to seal. I have seen daifuku made so perfectly whereby one cannot see the seal mark.

Back to the daifuku I bought, I flipped it, and was suprised to see how they wrap it.

Basically they flattened the dough into a square, and wrap the red bean like the way Japanese wraps bento box. This is a good idea to make daifuku. ~Easy Peazy~

1 comment:

Dreamycat said...

Interesting. I've never eaten this before.