Monday, October 22, 2007

My trip to New Hampshire

New Hampshire is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States of America. One of its 4 nicknames is "Switzerland of America" for its beautiful mountain scenery.

Having told that most of the trip will be in car, I didn't expect to enjoy it. I prepared a lot of sweets and mints to reduce the chance of getting motion sickness.


We went for mountail trail, walking along pathway that carpetted with colourful leaves and foliage. It was so cold near 2°C but everyone enjoyed it.


I love the colorful leaves.


This is the first time I enjoyed travelling in a car. Throughout the whole roadtrip, the drive was spectacular. View was always so beautiful as if we were driving through a canvas painting. We made a lot of stops, took loads of pictures and enjoyed the breathtaking views. Below are some of my favorite shots.




The only thing I didn't enjoy was the scenic train ride up to the mountain. It was a steam locomotive that produced large amount of smoke. The train consists of a coal burning locomotive pushing a single passenger car up the mountain, and descending the mountain by going backwards. The railway is 3 miles (4.8km) long. Each 3-mile ride burns one ton of coal and consumes 1,000 gallons(3800l) of water.


It was so jerky, way worst then the subway rides in NYC only slower. I did not enjoy as much as I would have liked to as I tend to feel dizzy from the "rocking" seat. So most of the time I sat straight and looked straight in front.

It snowed up in the mountain, the view was great, something I have never seen before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love the colour leaves too!!

Anonymous said...

colourful i mean. :p hehe

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures of new hampshire! I am getting really excited for my trip later this year! I have actually booked a room at a new hampshire spa resort for a nice and relaxing long weekend.